We offer several Certificate of Deposit options for our customers.
The minimum deposit to open a Certificate of Deposit is $5,000.
Automatic Renewable Certificate of Deposits
Your Certificate earns interest at the rate set by the bank at the time of deposit. You will be paid this rate until your Certificate matures. Your Certificate will automatically renew at maturity. Your interest rate and annual percentage yield may change at maturity. The interest rate and annual percentage yield shall be the rate the Bank is offering at the time your Certificate matures on new certificates of the same term and amount.
The Bank retains the right to redeem your Certificate at any original or subsequent maturity date upon ten (10) calendar days prior written notice. You will have ten (10) calendar days after the original maturity and each subsequent maturity to withdraw your Certificate without penalty. You may add to your Certificate during the ten (10) day grace period without loss of interest on the original Certificate. If you choose to withdraw your Certificate, no interest is paid after maturity.
Variable Rate Certificate of Deposits
Your interest rate and annual percentage yield may change. The interest rate as shown on your certificate is indexed to the average discount rate for the twenty-six (26) week U.S. Treasury Bills determined by the weekly auction. Your interest rate is adjusted each week on the first business day following the auction. These certificates are available with a maturity of twelve (12) to twenty-four (24) months. This account will not renew automatically at maturity. No interest will be paid after maturity.
Looking for a way to keep large deposits safe? Ask us about our CDARS® service.
With CDARS®, you can access FDIC protection on multi-million dollar CD investments through First National Bank of Fort Smith.
It's a great solution for businesses, non-profit organizations, public funds, IRAs and more. There are few guarantees in life, but FDIC insurance is one of them. CDARS® can be a valuable cash management or longer-term investment tool for you.1
It’s one-stop shopping. With help from CDARS®, you can access:
- Safety – Your money can access multi-million dollar FDIC insurance coverage.
- Convenience – You work directly with us. You earn one interest rate and receive one regular statement, and one year-end tax form.
- Community Investment – The full value of your money can support lending opportunities in your local community.2
- CD-Level Rates – Your money earns CD-level returns which may compare favorably with other investment alternatives, including Treasuries, corporate sweep accounts, and money market funds.
How Does CDARS® Work?
We are a member of a special network.
When you place a large amount with us, we place your funds into CDs issued by other banks in the same network – in increments of less than the standard FDIC insurance maximum – so that both principal and interest are eligible for complete FDIC protection. As a result, you can receive coverage from many banks while working with just one.
These exchanges, which occur on a dollar-for-dollar basis, can bring the full amount of your original deposit back to our bank. As a result, we can make the full amount of your deposit available for community lending purposes.2
What Else Should I Know?
Now, you no longer have to spend time managing multiple bank relationships, administering various interest rates, organizing interest disbursements from various sources, or manually consolidating monthly statements. This reduces your administrative burden, especially during tax and financial reporting seasons.
And with CDARS®, you can eliminate the need to monitor changing collateral values – another time saving convenience. Of course, your confidential account information remains protected.
- Funds may be submitted for placement only after a depositor enters into the CDARS® Deposit Placement Agreement with First National Bank of Fort Smith. The agreement contains important information and conditions regarding the placement of funds by us.
- This benefit applies to some, but not all types of CDARS® transactions. Let us know if this benefit is important to you, so that we can explain the relevant terms and conditions in more detail.
CDARS® is a registered service mark of Promontory Interfinancial Network, LLC.
Ask us about how CDARS can work for you the next time you visit one of our branches, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.