What You Need to Know About Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. This explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
- We DO authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
- We DO NOT authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions, unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
- We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we DO NOT GUARANTEE that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
- If we DO NOT authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if First National Bank of Fort Smith pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of up to $30.00 each time we pay an overdraft.
- There is NO LIMIT on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
What if I want First National Bank of Fort Smith to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, please click the button below.
Whatever your business goals, we are here to help you succeed.
For more details, contact: